Re: is anyone out there?

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Fran Marze (fmaiu+@pitt.edu)
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 22:39:48 -0400 (EDT)

I'm still here, but in over my head between family responsibilities and
end of the year stuff and social life with showers, etc.
My neighbor and I had a great time in Pgh at "Peter Pan." Lots of fun.
Finished senior grades. Three more days with students. Room is in middle
of overhaud--since I received a windfall of cast off library furniture as
the library is being expanded and rennovated with all new furniture.

One thing that helps me at the end is to give students a "cleanup" grade
and have them volunteer for the many jobs to be done before the end. it
helps me a lot.

Oh, here's a good one. One of our teachers was hit by a school bus, in the
parking lot, on foot. He is bruised and has a broken little toe. Now, a
good day is if you don't get hit by a bus. Actually, a few months ago I
almost got flattened but a friend pulled me out of the way of the bus.
Just another hazard of teaching. Fran