Re: tale of a tired teacher

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Thu, 04 Jun 1998 15:49:23 -0400

I was gone for a few days and read the messages today.I am confused,
do you have a sink or is this a fictitious story. I had to move from
room to room. I used a cart for half the school. The other half had
2 rooms without sinks,which I used buckets and tubs in and the
disposed of the water in the Janitors sink. Both classes were next
to his closet.
The school your at seems very unappreciated,which emphasizes how
much artists and teachers are under rated. It's like being at the
bottom of the teacher pool. I know I would begin to resent the way
you are being treated if it were me. I'd probably would stay until I
found something better. i think talking it out would be the least
you should do. Tell the administration your grievences(keep a
record). at least then it's documented. At the very least the other
teachers should respect you especially in front of students. It
seems they should worry if it could happen to you what's going to
stop it from happening to any of them.
Also a justification,would be a multi-purpose room. Our art room
when not in use is also the science room.The tables are the black
biology tables.Art is only on tuesdays for the whole school. There
are
just 120 kids.(above I described teaching,that was where we
previously lived. I am not teaching now).
I do like the suggestion of getting the parents behind you. However
it seems the principal is one of these power trip people. He
probably degrades the kids and teachers as well. One of those
regressed beings.

--
john barrick
Sandra Barrick