Note: To protect the privacy of our members, e-mail addresses have been removed from the archived messages. As a result, some links may be broken.
I moved to the high school after teaching at the elementary level for 9
years and while I thought that I might regret the move, I now am so
excited about next year. I also had a crash course in high school
culture 101. I wanted to share some of the things that my students
taught me this year:
1. Snow cone blue hair can be amazingly pretty.
2. Seventeen-year-olds enjoy praise as much as seven-year-olds.
3. The fashions from the seventies are as tacky now as they were when
I wore them.
4. Dark purple hair is also quite nice.
5. Eighteen-year-olds are capable of out pouting eight-year-olds.
6. Baggy clothes aren't that odd looking after all.
7. Respect given, and expected is earned.
8. Even kids 'dumped' into an art class because they have
failed elsewhere can learn to appreciate and enjoy art.
9. I still don't like rap.
10. A sixteen-year-old's joy at creating their own art is as powerful
as that of a six-year-old.
11. I will never look at mushrooms the same way again.
12. I have much, much more to learn.
Have a great summer!!
( ^ )