Re: Substitutes and Free-Drawing

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
rgibas
Mon, 01 Jun 1998 16:29:33 -0400

On Sat, 30 May 1998 10:21:56 EDT SBWellman
wrote:

>You might leave a specific lesson for sub, but if
>you get someone off the
>street like a college student, they aren't going
>to know diddlee about how to
>teach. And then your students won't learn
>anything anyway.

It is understandable that teachers would
learn more in the field than in college, however,
I have to disagree about college students not
knowing "diddlee" about how to teach. Perhaps you
have had some bad experiences with your subs, but
please do not categorize all college students in
this way. I indend to be an excellent sub until
which time I become an excellent full-time
teacher. I am saddened by your lack of confidence
in our abilities. You have no idea just what we
are capable of doing. Thanks for your support.

Rachel A. Gibas
Art Ed. Pre-Intern
University of Florida
rgibas