Fwd: Art Teacher To Art Teacher

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
GFamiglia
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 12:30:13 EDT

--part0_896718614_boundary

Hi William--
I just received a position after being "out there" for two years. This
year I didn't put much into it, although last I was rampid in my
search--figure that....... Az is not easy- we are over run with out of work
teachers. The ASU job fair is where I got a job two years ago--at a charter
school that was a complete mess. Be careful! --But they're pretty desperate
and so are you---But can you live here for a few months with no job???

Be weary of charter schools because they are the new thing here-yet are run
by inexperienced business people often with no knowledge of education. Az is
a very transient state, and employers know it. Advice?---Be prepared for
anything!-- This may mean doing temp work to get by! Good Luck!----Maria

--part0_896718614_boundary

From: CLeft76989
To: GFamiglia
Subject: Art Teacher To Art Teacher
Date: Sun, 31 May 1998 21:56:16 EDT

Hi,

I'm been teaching art for the last 4 years in Illinois. One Year in Evanston
and Three in between 5 schools in the district of Rockridge. I recently gave
up my position so that I can move to AZ. in search of employment. I have two
days left of teaching, and on Saturday of this week I'm heading out.

Do you have any suggestions that may help me in my search? So far I have been
using the ASU job hotline. I also plan to go to the teaching fairs at ASU,
and have applied to Chandler and Gilbert school districts.

If you know of anything which you think may help, I'd surely appreciate it.

Thanks For Your Time,

William Raschendorfer

--part0_896718614_boundary--