Re: Art subjects children prefer.

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Robert Beeching (robprod)
Fri, 06 Jun 1997 17:34:56 -0700

>Date: Fri, 06 Jun 1997 17:30:09 -0700
>To: arregui <arregui.pe>
>From: Robert Beeching <robprod>
>Subject: Re: Art subjects children prefer.
>
> Children will respond to anything which affects their sensibilites; the
works of: Mucha (figure drawing/poster design); Chagall
(fantasy/story-telling), Dufy (color and light), Klee (use of basic
shapes), Mondrian (space divisions), Matisse (cut paper shapes); all
contribute to the child's understanding of process/skill formation; using
graphics out-of-context does little to support art pocesses. These artists
(and more) are avaiable on video; search art video indexes, i.e. NY
Metropolitan Museum Book Store on the net.
> As children learn the scope and sequence approach to the (basic)
techniques of: DRAWING, PAINTING, and CONSTRUCTION, they begin to
personally relate to the problems of artists through the ages; without
experience there can be no critical analysis; only superficial enjoyment.