Re: Democracy, art, schools and gangs

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Stenger - Judith DiSalvo (jstenger)
Tue, 3 Jun 1997 16:45:47 -0400 (EDT)

Fred, Bob, and other friends,
I suspect that we agree on more than we disagree--maybe our
differences are mostly semantic. Perhaps we teach differing age groups,
and thus have differing points of focus. Somehow, when we re worried
about
children still being alive tomorrow, it doesn't make a lot of sense to
countenance pictures or symbols reflecting violence and drugs. I'm not
accusing anyone of having said that's ok, I'm just saying that adults have
the responsibility to set the limits--kids' job is to try to stretch them.
We have to recognize that adolescents will always need something to
struggle against. We must draw the parameters.
Judy