[Fwd: Delivery failure]

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Christine Merriam (ktwnldy.az.us)
Tue, 03 Jun 1997 01:33:35 -0600

--------------7AE411DD6C07

Hi....
Have been getting a bounce from this address for the last few days...
might want to drop it from your master list.
Thanks
Chris M

--------------7AE411DD6C07

Subject: Delivery failure
From: postmaster
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 00:32:28 -0500
To: ktwnldy.az.us
Cc: postmaster

Your message has encountered delivery problems
to local user brown.
User home directory unknown

Your message reads (in part):

Date: Mon, 02 Jun 1997 22:27:26 -0600
From: Christine Merriam <ktwnldy.az.us>
To: artsednet
Subject: Re: Democracy and assessment in art
Sender: owner-artsednet

>Massiel Arregui asked:
>Talking a bit about democracy (and not so much of it), can any one recom=
mend democratic ways of assessing elementary (1-3) students=B4 portfolios=
?=20

Having experimented with self assessments over the years, I find the
students need modeling by me and the time flies when we are doing it....
so I now narrowed the field to one project.
The questions are:
1) I see =20
(write a paragraph that describes work, trying to use vocabulary from
the elements and principles of design)

2) Medium: Iused ________________________
(we usually have to clarify medium is not related to size when talking
about art... and I end up holding up different things saying the medium
here is clay, paper, etc... till the students say aha... what we made it
with)

3) I learned____________
(write a paragraph explaining what new ideas, tools, cultures, artforms,
etc. the students learned about while creating their work)

4) I feel__________________because____________________
(a sentence or two ... we try to brainstorm some words beside good.... )

5) I give my work a grade_____ because_________________
(they are really tough on themselves here... I have to tell them that
the grade cannot be below a C)

Hope that helps... our school has implemented a language arts program
that has really helped the students increase their vocabulary and
descriptive skills. When it comes to getting in touch with how they
feel about their work and why, many kids have a tough time... but by
group brainstorming, they are more comfortable.

Chris Merriam

--------------7AE411DD6C07--