re: elements and principles (and computer art)

[ Thread ][ Subject ][ Author ][ Date ]
Carolyn Roberts (b2w6w4kn)
Sat, 15 Jun 1996 07:01:49 -0400

Hi,
You wrote:

If anyone has websites for
>elements and principles, I would also love to know what they are.
>>Good luck!
>>
>>Eileen Prince
>>Sycamore School

I don't know what grade level you're looking for, but try the Art Studio
Chalkboard site. The lessons presented here focus on the technical
fundamentals of perspective, shading, color, and painting.

http://www.herron.iupui.edu/faculty_html/larmann/chlk1.html

Also, check out Crayola at http://www.crayola.com/art_education/

and while you're there, check out the new Art Educators Bulletin Board under
Talk About Art.

I'm really glad you asked the question about websites. It has been a while
since I visited the Crayola site and they have added the Bulletin Board.
It's NEW...only a few messages have been posted.

***Please note:****
I'm interested in some ideas on how to get my middle school students
involved in computer art (my principal wants this also). We have
Paint/Paintbrush on the computers, but I can purchase software for our IBM
computers. We have 30 computers in our lab and I would be involving the
whole class. I just don't know where to begin...software...lessons...etc.
Any good ideas, anyone?

Carolyn Roberts
E. B. Frink Middle School
LaGrange, NC