[teacherartexchange] Linked-In Requests - please don't send to all in contacts

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 01 2012 - 08:56:53 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

Rest assured we/I all love you.... and are thrilled that you want to
share more about yourself.....BUT please do not give out our email
addresses to the various sites to which you belong. Sites like
Linked-In send requests to everyone in your contact list - even if you
may have only had one email exchange with someone, that email address
has been added to your contacts.

After numerous requests - daily for some Linked In members - I finally
had everything from Linked In blocked on my home email account. I
still get requests through my Gmail and Yahoo accounts and just delete
them.

There is no way to say this without offending you. I am not interested
in following anyone on Linked In. I don't even do Facebook.... never
interested in MySpace either. I don't follow anyone on blogs (although
yes, I have checked some favorites from time to time) - and I never
Twitter....although after a TV news report, I may just have to see
what Obama is "tweeting" (grin). His "tweets" got such higher ratings
than his challenger (5000 for Obama to 470 or so for Romney).
Ooops!.... Pardon me for the political mention here.

List members whom I have known for years, get a personal email from me
thanking them for the invite, but that I decline the offer to follow
them. This is a group "Thank you" to all of the recent invites and
those to come. Please stop inviting me to join. I haven't even signed
onto Facebook so I could see what my son is up to.... although I have
threatened (grin). He said he would have to "friend me" first anyways
(chuckles).

Look at your contact folder before you offer all of the email
addresses to the various sites. Only share those contacts whom you
know very well and would be thrilled to follow you.

Thanks for understanding.

Regards,

Judy Decker

P.S. Getty folks, remember to remove all email addresses before you
click "Send".... and Getty members, I have no connection to Getty
list. I am just another member like you. Any issues with the list can
be sent directly to the TeacherExchange Staff. The email address is on
the site. I don't know if anyone reads the emails sent as I haven't
gotten a response in many years when I wrote with your concerns. Is
Getty list on the way out? Maybe so.