Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] New York Times - Chagall article with slide show

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 30 2011 - 08:03:41 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

As I wrote before, I am posting reminders to check New York Times less frequently since it is subscription service, however, you do get up to 20 articles free each month. You might want this to be one of them:
'Paris Through the Window: Marc Chagall and His Circle'
His First Brush With the City of Light
By KAREN ROSENBERG link doesn't work - you can go to NY Times Art and Design index.
The article appeared June 23, but I missed it. The slide show is wonderful! Many of you will remember Linda Wood's charming elementary art lesson "Through the Window". Chagall's "Paris through the Window' is a fun example to show students.

For those of you near Philadelphia the exhibit "Paris through the Window: Chagall and his circle" runs through July 10. Looks like there are some very interesting upcoming exhibits, too.
You can view some of the works in this collection:

Judy Decker

To unsubscribe go to