Re: [teacherartexchange] Fewer posts to Getty list (Now, Web 2.0 in the Artroom)

---------

From: Heather Leal (hleal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2011 - 11:12:35 PDT

I want to blog with my classes too- We are using Google Apps for
Education at my school (middle school) and love it. Every year my
schedule changes- sometimes I am out of the classroom completely as a
tech integration coach, sometimes part of the day- this year I taught
the last 12 weeks almost full time. Most of my student's written work
was all online and they can use Sites as portfolios. We used
Glogster- and they loved it, but some days it was so slow to upload,
especially video. Never figured out if it was our network or
Glogster- any similar problem?

I definitely want to see more blogging - same idea as yours. Sometimes
respond to my post and also write their own and respond to each other-
Which platform are you going to use? Even though we have google apps,
I am thinking of one of the more education friendly ones- edublogger
or kidblog. Google threw the verify with a cell phone thing at them
when I tried to have them sign up for blogger- too much of a pain, and
I think I want a bit more control at first anyway-

Next year I may actually get to teach Art again- who knows, it is only
almost July...

Heather