[teacherartexchange] Gmail vs. Yahoo - Plus reason for fewer posts

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2011 - 08:20:05 PDT

Greetings All,

You folks are right, Yahoo does do a much better job
filtering Spam. This Yahoo address is "out there" close to 5000 times on
line..... and I only get about 50 Spam a day - and none are from my own email
address (as was the problem with Gmail).

Now I just need to subscribe
this address to all of the other Art Education lists to which I belong and I can
post with this address -- have the mail go to Gmail where I can archive/sort it
there. I like the way Gmail labels and sorts mail better.

So... go ahead,
reply to my posts anytime you want and post this email address. It is already
out there upwards of 4700 times. I won't post with my Gmail address
again.

However, just be aware that if and when Spam gets posted to this
list using this address - it didn't really come from me...... Yahoo accounts
must be relatively easy to "hack". Last summer this account sent Spam to all in
my contacts list (Yes, it was sent from my account as it showed up in my sent
mail). Fortunately, I only had a few contacts listed as I had already removed
most of them when the problems began with Yahoo (as I saw other list members
with Yahoo accounts were having problems). And no, my machine did not have a
virus, malware, spyware or anything of the sort...and I did not click on any bad
links in emails causing the problem.  My account had been "hacked". It was a big
hassle as I had to change all of my passwords as I was using the same password
for everything - silly me. Fortune for me, the hackers didn't figure that out,
though. Whomever was only interested in sending the Spam.

And...so I keep
on topic....One reason there are fewer posts is that now folks are finding it
much faster to just Google/search their questions for answers. Internet speed is
so much faster than in the past. Years ago, folks couldn't understand why I was
able to answer them so quickly. I got on with Road Runner Turbo Speed in its
early days. Now there are multiple services out there offering fast speed.
Someone may have already posted this answer - so I apologize for any
duplication. I haven't read all of the responses
yet.

Regards,

Judy Decker