Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: June 27, 2011

---------

From: Marcia Beckett (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2011 - 07:04:45 PDT

I agree with you Michel. I've been on the internet for oodles of years now and haven't had a problem with spam. I have a yahoo email account and the spam just goes to my spam folder (maybe 20 a day). My email address is all over the internet, because I just post it and rarely think about it. So I recommend a yahoo email address. Personally I used teacherartexchange years ago when I was first starting teaching and there wasn't a ton of sites on the internet for art teachers to meet up. Now, there are other places I visit for art teacher information. For example, I can just do a google search to find lesson plans, visit artsonia's musuem for art lesson ideas or google search for tips about technical art things. Also, I have a blog on blogger, and I've met lots of people through blogging. On the blogs you can post pictures (which I haven't figured out how to do on the getty listserve) which as an art teacher, pictures are essential. Through blogger
 and google reader I subscribe to 300 blogs (crazy, I know!) and can quickly scroll through everyone's posts to see what I find most interesting and join in on discussions that interest me. Also, I was having trouble posting to this list for the longest time. The messages kept getting bounced back to me. HOpefully this one will go through. There's also that Art 2.0 website that I started looking at recently, like a facebook for art teachers. Check out my blog if you are interested and then make your own!! http://vividlayers.blogspot.com Anyways, that is my 2 cents! Marcia