Re: [teacherartexchange] Fewer posts to Getty list (Now, Web 2.0 in the Artroom)

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ellen.sears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2011 - 06:22:40 PDT

Hi Michal,
You sent me the info about Glogster over a year ago and I love it!! I participated in a webinar last week and I was so surprised that districts in Texas were blocking it as a social networking site.
We are purchasing it for the whole school next year.
I have some wishes for the site... I have a harder time managing students/projects and deadlines. Also excited to know they are working on an iPad version.
Have you used Museum Box? Out of Great Britain I believe. But they grant US schools membership after contacting your principal. Also a multi-media presentation tool. Just a different format.
I have been using mindmeister for presentations.. Great on the SmartBoard... So is Dabbler.
I still like VoiceThread for artist statements and critiques... And we use wikispaces for online 'meetings'... I probably love my wikis the most... And glogs are so easy to embed...
Ellen