RE: [teacherartexchange] Fewer posts to Getty list (Now, Web 2.0 in the Artroom)

---------

From: Michal Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 28 2011 - 05:54:10 PDT

After I sent my last email I realized that I had neglected to add the one
comment that I had intended to include. So here it is:

What NEW thing are you planning on trying with your classes next year? I
find that if I don't mix it up that I get bored, and it is hard to motivate
students when I am not excited about what we are doing. As I pointed out,
since I teach distance classes as well as having HS students in the
classroom with me I have been wanting to do something that brings students
together more. One idea had been to have students blog each week under a
specific blog that is set up just for our class - students would respond to
my comment as well as one of their classmates. The logistics of this isn't
hard to figure out, so I'm not worried about the blogging, but the one Web
2.0 that I REALLY want to try is Edmodo. Our social studies teacher has been
using this with his classes & loves it. Has anyone used it in the art room?
I know it is similar to Moodle. IF you use this or anything similar with
your high school (or middle school) classes, exactly how do you incorporate
it into your class? What do you post on it? Or are there better sites
(free)? I use Glogster with my Digital Class - how does anyone utilize this
site? Any others?
~Michal