[teacherartexchange] Fw: Macs and photoshop

---------

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 23 2011 - 06:53:41 PDT

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Jerry Vilenski <jvilenski@yahoo.com>
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu>
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:42 AM
Subject: Re: Macs and photoshop

Ken and others,

I own 3 external drives, and each does a different job.  I have a 500 gig Iomega that handles the Windows side of my computer, where I do most of my graphics design projects--set designs, fine art printing, wedding invitations and poster designs. I'm a big fan of CorelDraw, which only comes in a Windows application.  For the Mac side, I have a Fantom Drive GreenDrive 1 TB drive for photoshop, illustrator, video processing and other large files.  I also have a 350 gig Seagate for backing up the computer itself.  I did plenty of research before deciding on the Fantom, and got a good price from TigerDirect.  They currently sell it for around $79.00.  They also have a 2TB for around $99.00, which I am considering buying just because it is a good bargain.  Like you, I never thought I would fill up my Mac (silly me), and when I discovered that I was storing nearly 4000 photos on the Mac side, I decided to off-load those memory killers and protect them.
  The externals don't seem to slow down access to my files, so I have been very satisfied with them.  I did have to return the Seagate, however, the first of which failed after around 10 months, so you have to be careful when buying.