Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] slide scanners

From: Jerry Vilenski (jvilenski_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 12 2011 - 08:26:36 PDT

I own an Epson V500 flat bed scanner, and I use it with my Mac to scan slides.  The Epson software makes it relatively easy to perform slide scanning with excellent results.  The key to good slide scanning is the software's ability to do high resolution scanning, which means up to 6400 dpi.  The Epson can scan up to 12000.  There are also dedicated slide scanners on the market.  Some of them cost as little as $60.00 and cost as much as $500.00.  My guess is that you sort of get what you pay for in these units.  I would recommend a flat bed, mainly because you could use it on a wider range of applications.

To unsubscribe go to