Re: [teacherartexchange] Multiple levels

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 08 2011 - 09:58:40 PDT

Wow, that is a big load for one class. The hardest thing I found was starting
them all off with projects. Have them sit as a group, that is Art 1 with
themselves, Art 2 with themselves, etc. Give a revue test or worksheet for the
2's,3's and 4's, and start the art 1's on the first project, next Start the 2's
etc. Since they will probably take different times for projects they will
stagger themselves. Have the Art 3 and 4's research subject matter or do
preliminary studies till you get there. Ask for quiet most of all so that the
group you are working with can learn.

The advanced kids can help the Art 1's and leave you to demonstrate to others.
Have them be quiet for PowerPoint presentations, demo"s and explain to the 1's
that when they are in advanced classes this is what they can do. They all will
keep you spinning, so maybe an aid (advanced art person) can be used to answer
questions and help the 1's who will need the most help and attention.

If this situation can't be helped then you have to do this. However, you can
sit down with your administrator and explain that this situation makes it bad
for you but mostly the students. Two preps in a period is better.

Ken Schwab
retired