Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] WSJ Article

From: Leslie Lynn Gates (lgates_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2010 - 04:56:03 PDT

This article has been a hot topic on the NAEA Higher Ed Listserve in the past week or so.

I am glad for a diversity of perspectives and opinions in our field. However, I am always troubled by press that portrays art education in a bad light, so to speak. With so many art ed programs on the chopping block, I was sad that someone from inside art education took their critical views to such a public forum when art ed is already fighting to exist in many places. I hope that school boards and administrators do not use the article to justify further cuts in the arts.

To unsubscribe go to