Re: [teacherartexchange] What do you all think of this article?

---------

From: Betty (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2010 - 07:48:57 PDT

It was interesting that the examples she found acceptable are pretty old. It's interesting that her examples of what is unacceptable were on a pretty narrow theme.

For me a big part of art Ed is in teaching students to think for themselves and respect their own ideas. If that takes the form of political expression so be it.

I suspect that what offends this woman is not that art teachers encourage politically themed art experiences, but that the views expressed don't always match her own.

She needs a good art teacher.