Re: [teacherartexchange] Photoshop Elements curriculum

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2010 - 14:58:55 PDT

When I taught Photoshop many years ago, I started with the use of and explanation of the tool bar. Next, I did the Adobe tutorial (if they still have one)that uses the tool bar to do some simple things )that you can grade as completed correctly).

The next few project were to isolate items and move them, putting people in odd areas, correcting a tear with the clone tool, adding and using filters.

I had them:

1. Make a CD cover for the next album of a favorite artist or group.

2. Given the existing dollar bill they had to re-designing the dollar bill using key things that must be in the bill (your choice).

3. Design a poster announcing the school play, or a cover for the yearbook, or poster getting people to come tho a sporting event at school. (These can actually be used)

4. Like Forrest Gump put people in an historical places that should not be there.

5. Make a label for some thing.

I hope this helps a bit add more things to do after you do the basics.

My son is teaching a class in a business college, he gave me the link to his site, click on:

http://myonlinelessonplan.com/photoshop.html

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA
artteacherplans.com