Re: [teacherartexchange] Photoshop Elements curriculum

---------

From: Michal Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2010 - 11:03:24 PDT

I teach a "Digital Communications" class, which is Photoshop with the
addition of video editing, web design, & Web 2.0. Next year it may
include a digital yearbook. I have some of my lessons on my site: http://techyteacher.net/technology.html
, and Kris Fontes' site, http://krisfontes.com/, has been a lifesaver!
I would recommend the Adobe book for whichever version of Photoshop
you are teaching "Classroom in a Book" - it has step by step lessons
for your students, and you can easily pick & choose the ones you like.
One thing I've added to my class that has been a great motivator is
each student must supply a 3-ring binder, and page protectors. I print
each Photoshop project as I grade it, and students really do like
having that hard copy of their projects. I also burn them a CD & a DVD
at the end of the year with all their projects.

One of the most popular projects I do with students that really
impresses faculty is to divide all our faculty so that each student
has an equal number (easy to do when you have a small school - could
also be divided up into departments in larger schools). Students
interview their assigned teacher and then create a magazine cover for
that teacher. I hang them by the office & I then have the faculty vote
on their favorites. The winning student gets a flash drive (I am
always getting these at my technology conferences), and then I gift
the projects to the teachers.

Feel free to email me if you have more questions! :)
~Michal