Re: [teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: June 09, 2010

---------

From: Betty (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2010 - 05:33:11 PDT

Claire, the only other thing I think about sometimes is making a bigger deal about brushes themselves- like their history and construction, what makes a good one, how artists used to make their own, how Giotto made himself wealthy by his brush business, make them learn to identify the different types and their uses- all that. I just feel like if I could make them brush experts they might respect them more.

Thank you, Betty. It seems I've tried a lot of the solutions that everyone else has used. I guess I was hoping for a magic bullet, other than not painting or making students purchase their own brushes. I think that will have to be the way it goes. I like your idea of taping the brush to the artwork. Generally, I do try to match them up, but this is a great graphic way to show them you know who they are. Thank you.
Claire