[teacherartexchange] Work of Art on Bravo

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2010 - 20:33:46 PDT

So I actually sat back and relaxed for the first time in a very long time and happened past this new tv show on Bravo called Work of Art. It is a reality show competition picking the next big artist. It has it's annoying reality tv moments, but it was kinda cool all at the same time. Last week's episode had the artists go to an appliance junk yard and use something they found in a sculpture.

Anyway, I started thinking about a lesson in my classroom that would be similar to the show with a guest artist from the community coming in and critiquing. I think MS kids would eat it up. Maybe we could even make a short film on it similar to the show. Hmmm...the wheels are turning....

Thought I would share just in case you might have an hour to kill.

http://www.bravotv.com/work-of-art

Hope you are enjoying your summer,
Cheri Lloyd