Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Need ideas for critiquing altered books

From: Diane Davis (dianemdavis_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2010 - 18:54:00 PDT

When I was in H.S., we had final exams in art. We often did a still
life or an entirely separate art project as the exam.
What if you started the kids with adding one page (a loose page to
slip into the book) to the book they are critiquing that would fit
into the theme/mood of the book. That way they could analyze the book,
create a page and still have time to write about the book overall.
On Jun 17, 2010, at 9:44 PM, Gina Arena wrote:

> Yes, they have a rubric for their own books and also have written
> artist's
> statements. This is an activity that I can use during the actual
> "exam" time
> slot.
> Gina

To unsubscribe go to