Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: [teacherartexchange] Need ideas for critiquing altered books

From: play2cre8 (play2cre8_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2010 - 18:37:49 PDT

Do they have a separate reflection to complete? Or a self-evaluation?
How do these questions relate to the rubric?
Do you want them to reflect more on the overall process? Or just
spend more time with their classmates' projects?

I have my students complete a combined document -
assessment/evaluation/reflection... we look at technique, design,
other times I have a rubric they use when looking at multiple projects -

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:45 PM, Gina Arena <> wrote:
> My crafts class is doing an altered book for their final project in lieu of
> an exam. I have to bring them in for a 2 hour class period. It's not enough
> time for each student to present their book, so last semester I gave them 2
> questions to answer instead.
> 1. Compare your altered book to the rest of the class. How is it alike? How
> is it different? Are there any techniques or elements you see used in other
> classmates' books that you wish you would have used? Use specific examples
> from classmates' books.
> 2. Choose one book to critique. Consider the following questions. Does the
> art fit the theme? What do you like about it? Is there anything the person
> could have done differently to improve their work?
> Unfortunately, they were done in 1/2 hour. We did spend the rest of the time
> photographing their work, but I felt they quickly looked at the books,  and
> chose one to focus on, without really taking time to look at ALL of them.
> Does anyone have any suggestions for questions that might make them spend
> more time on more than one book?
> Gina
> ---
> To unsubscribe go to