RE: [teacherartexchange] Stuck for New Drawing Ideas--what about Zentangles?

---------

From: Terrence Banks (Terrence_Banks_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2010 - 07:56:50 PDT

I have used the zentagles, I call them zendellas. I teach high school beginning art, I use them in the beginning of the year when I'm teaching line. I have my student create a cool watercolor wash then draw back on top of them using a pen or sharpies of various thickness. The students must fill the whole paper 12x18 and try to exhaust every kind of line. The drawings turn out really good for their first drawing, I like to start off with more abstract things in the beginning and my students like them surprisingly!

Terrence
Bakersfield, CA