Re: [teacherartexchange] Art Ed Methods Textbooks - Teaching Meaning...

---------

From: Betty (bettycarol_40_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 12 2010 - 08:02:32 PDT

I like Teaching Meaning in artmaking" too and really tried to implement some of its concepts this year.

The problem I have with most methods books is that they assume that students in the middle school classroom had elementary art, and that students in one class are generally at the same level of experience.

Yes, a one volume reference with a chapter on each method, a basic outline or flow chart of each and a real life example or two would be fantastic.