[teacherartexchange] Art Ed Methods Textbooks

---------

From: Margaret Angstadt (mangstadt_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 09 2010 - 10:03:53 PDT

Hello to all and Happy June!

Earlier in the year I had a great response (both on and off list)
about my question regarding student teachers in the classroom. It was
a CRAZY year with three interns in our program. One quit. One was
incapable of functioning and I had to 'take back' my classes. The
third was was excellent (a former student.)

It is VERY clear that a major obstacle for ALL of these students from
area colleges is that the colleges are not offering art education
methods. These students all take the general ed methods.

I am meeting with a director of ed to discuss possibilites of teaching
a methods course and could use your assistance. I'm wondering if
anyone is teaching/has taught art ed methods courses, and if so, what
texts you used. I used Creative and Mental Growth by Lowenfeld
waaaaaaaay back in 1971 (and STILL love it!)

Wondering what others are using/have used...from whatever era!

Thanks for taking time to reply! Hope your year is winding down gently.
Today, I turn 60 and look forward to many more years of teaching!

Peggy