RE:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: June 06, 2010

---------

From: Arsenault, Lauren (ArsenaultL_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 07 2010 - 06:12:39 PDT

Hi there
I will be graduating from Goddard college in Vermont this July with a MA in
Education (Independent studies, Arts based)
The courses are based on intensive residency programs once a year, and
in-between you work on self directed independent study on a correspondence
(not online) basis. The college is very arts based, and my MA is based
entirely on my art teaching and art philosophy. The course is wonderfully
flexible, and although you would have to travel one or twice a year I can
tell you it's well worth it. My roommate for the last two years was a girl
from LA- she loved being in Vermont for the winter residency to see the
snow, and escaping from the city was always a bonus for her!!!

I have had a wonderful experience at Goddard and would highly recommend it.
Here's the website link: http://www.goddard.edu/
Go to the 'programs of study' link (top left) and then 'MA in Individualized
studies'.
Good luck!
Lauren in New York