Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: June 28, 2009

From: Lois Girbino (lgirbino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 29 2009 - 07:31:33 PDT

RE: Smartboards in the Art Room
 Sidnie described SB beautifully, and you definitely need one computer
just for that, as you will have it on most every day, like I do.Some
examples: I put up architectural photos and have the students draw
their orthogonals to "discover" the vanishing point; leave the SB on
an image page of "altered books" so students can come up and find
ideas/imagery while they are working; have a tessellation tutorial on,
so students can refresh the steps they need to see again; virtual
tours of art museums that are student driven; using free programs like
ArtRage & Sumopaint on the Smartboard to reinforce what they are doing
in class; collaborative webquesting related to their art project; all
the great interactives at; fabulous short videos that
beautifully illustrate design principles/use of typography/color
theory; saving screenshots of all the good stuff for other classes. In
short, letting the students interact with the SB instead of just being
an expensive projector.

Life is short, art is long...-Hippocrates
To unsubscribe go to