Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: June 28, 2009

---------

From: Lois Girbino (lgirbino_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 29 2009 - 07:31:33 PDT

RE: Smartboards in the Art Room
 Sidnie described SB beautifully, and you definitely need one computer
just for that, as you will have it on most every day, like I do.Some
examples: I put up architectural photos and have the students draw
their orthogonals to "discover" the vanishing point; leave the SB on
an image page of "altered books" so students can come up and find
ideas/imagery while they are working; have a tessellation tutorial on,
so students can refresh the steps they need to see again; virtual
tours of art museums that are student driven; using free programs like
ArtRage & Sumopaint on the Smartboard to reinforce what they are doing
in class; collaborative webquesting related to their art project; all
the great interactives at nga.gov/kids; fabulous short videos that
beautifully illustrate design principles/use of typography/color
theory; saving screenshots of all the good stuff for other classes. In
short, letting the students interact with the SB instead of just being
an expensive projector.
Lois

--
Life is short, art is long...-Hippocrates