[teacherartexchange] smartboards in the artroom

---------

From: play2cre8 (play2cre8_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 28 2009 - 20:27:05 PDT

Really - we are so behind the times at my school, we are almost ahead.....
I am personally waiting for microvision's show wx to hit the market -
I am on a waiting list - but who knows what that means....

So - those of you with the technology - how do you use it in your
room? I have seen K/1 teachers creating PPTs for their classes - and
I have to ask -age appropriate?
Don't get me wrong - love my ipod, wikis, blogs, podcasts etc... for
the classroom. But I don't have any kind of board (black, white or
smart) in my room. Really.

So is it the larger projection that you use - or is there something
else you are doing with them? And what age level? I just see some
people using the technology to show videos, or use as glorified
worksheets. Cost vs use - tell me what you are doing...

Are netbooks/cloud computing and freeware the new technologies in the
classroom? It would be a mobile set up - and it would be students
using the technology vs teacher. Just think what you could buy for the
cost of a projector, wiring, screen and the bulbs. (The Show WX will
cost the same as a bulb)

Okay - some classrooms are now smart classrooms.... but because we are
now getting them, I have to ask - should we?
Ellen