Re: [teacherartexchange] Fat books

---------

From: play2cre8 (play2cre8_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 28 2009 - 14:33:40 PDT

Maggie - I have 3 classes of 7th graders with 15 students each. I like
the students to see the work across classes - and they really like to
see what each group is doing. I wonder if you could generate a random
grouping so they wouldn't know who they were collaborating with.. and
maybe have an 'extra' book made from each group that you could keep in
the classroom.
I know the ATCs we make as vocabulary cards go into binders the
students like to pick up and 'read'.

On another note - I am inspired by the 'fat book' idea. I have tons of
altered art/ATC/collage/paper books but I checked out another at the
library Friday. "Bent, Bound and Stitched... collage, cards and
jewelry with a twist." One of the techniques used a product called
PhotoEZ. http://ezscreenprint.com/ you can create silk screening
stencils with sunlight and water.

Has anyone used this product?
Ellen