RE: [teacherartexchange] Listers Old and New

---------

From: Amy Broady (abroady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 28 2009 - 07:58:00 PDT

I don't know if I qualify as an old member. I know I'm not a newbie...I
might be more qualified to say I joined in the middle-ages of the
list...though I don't remember exactly when I joined. I think it was early
in this decade, a bit before I went back to work in December 2005, after
taking 7 years off to be a S-A-H mom. I teach elementary...past few years
just grades 3-5, but next year I will be K-5 due to changes in the schedule
structure. I imagine that those Ks will teach me more than I teach them for
a while! (I've taught 1-5 before, but never K). Thanks to Jeryl for
providing me with a strategic plan for K at the Minneapolis convention!

I used to contribute to the discussions a lot more, but it seems that I have
let that go as my work and personal life got busier, and there are not hours
in the day to do everything I'd like to! I try to read every post, though,
individually/not digest.

This group has been such a valuable resource, offering both practical and
philosophical food-for-thought. Thank you to everyone who has kept this
group going with posts both long-and-meaty as well as short-and-sweet. :-)

I had the pleasure of attending the Getty Breakfast in Chicago in 2006...I
sure hope we can get that going again. Who's going to Baltimore? I co-wrote
a proposal with a local friend of mine who has never been to a National
Convention, but I need to submit my two primary ones...I have three I want
to propose, so I have to decide which one to postpone for another year.

Glad to see the list hoppin' again! Thanks to everyone who has made their
voice heard these past few days!
Amy in TN