[teacherartexchange] 3 Years of Gratitude

---------

From: Stacey Scott (gadfly1958_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 27 2009 - 15:39:13 PDT

I just have to add my two cents (and that's all about it's worth).  I've been on this list for 3 years and have posted maybe two times.  I was an elementary teacher with no art education, no resources, but a passion for teaching art -- I have gotten almost ALL my learning, ideas, and inspirations from the Getty list.  Now 3 years later, I feel like I still have so much to learn AND IT ALL COMES FROM THIS LIST -- thank you thank you -- all of you!  I just found out that my position was cancelled (budget, no surprise) and I have no idea where I will be teaching next year, but the last 3 years were priceless.  I have been too depressed to read the list posts .  . . but started reading a few days ago and am so glad I did!  It is like a reunion!

3 more weeks of teaching ABD going to school and I'll have my masters, and in November I'll find out if I made National Boards (for Art).  My goal next year is to make the time to give back -- share my most successful art lessons online.  AND . . . . I MIGHT have a job as an art teacher at another Elementary school.  I'll find out in a few weeks . . . if so, you know where I'll be going for all my ideas (here!!!!). Thank you -- when I read what you write, I no longer feel alone.

Stacey in San Diego