[teacherartexchange] art lesson ideas

---------

From: Bunki Kramer (bkramer_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 27 2009 - 10:33:24 PDT

That reminds me of an idea I tried but never did with my kids.
Remember that pantyhose sculpture faze we all went through? I noticed
that the painted insides were pretty solid in the middle so I took
small cuticle scissors and cut out a big hole in the painted center
leaving about 3/4" all around the edges. It stayed intact really well.
I didn't use gesso as an undercoat or anything to paint the
sculpture...just tempera paint. Then I used embroidery floss and made
a loom with the strings going down. I never finished it, I just wanted
to see if it would work and it did. Now you've got me enthused to try
it with a class. Thanks......Bunk