Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Re:[teacherartexchange] Fat books

From: Ellen McMillan (studio31m_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 26 2009 - 07:06:56 PDT

Hi Bunkie!
Sounds like you are having fun with your books! Here are some links you may find interesting (if you haven't already discovered them). Have a great summer "bookin" it!
Ellen McMillan

"LIVE PEACE every day no matter what."

"LIVE PEACE every day no matter what."
~Aluna Joy Yaxk'in

On Thursday, June 25, 2009, at 09:38AM, "Bunki Kramer" <> wrote:
>HI, Renee. Good to hear from you again. I thought, when I first read
>about "fat" books, "Perfect for me since I seem to get fatter every
>year." Ha. I've done altered books in the past as well as the ATCs (I
>think that is what you were talking about) and trading. The kids
>seemed to enjoy making the books to keep the ATCs in more than the
>actual ATCs but they were enthusiastic with the trading of them among
>each other. These projects got a little "old" for me after a while so
>I moved on and started other book-making. We made some really neat one-
>sentence books that fold out this past year and some smaller zentangle
>books the last 2 weeks of the school year. We also made some little
>books out of Starbucks coffee sleeves which were cute and used them as
>autograph or phone number books. This was all in my CRAFTS class.
>I joined a "fat" book Yahoo group just this week and can't wait to get
>started but it seems it's summer and everyone has slowed down and
>nothin' is going on right now. I wish they would organize another
>swap soon. I understand from talking to a member or two that these are
>generally 4x4" books and the groups are usually 21 or more people.
>Everyone who joins makes a page and then repeats it again 20 more
>times (or whatever number joins) then sends all the 21 pages to a
>"hostess" who sorts them out so everyone gets back 20 diff. pages and
>the hostess keeps one of each. Some hostesses bind the books before
>she sends them back. Some just send back all the diff. pages and you
>bind your own. Fat books are small but really thick. There are
>specific directions about how much of the page you can use, etc. so
>they can be bound. Sounds like it might be something the kids would
>like as they like to trade and do autographing. I saw pics of some of
>the books using 3 rings to bind which would be easy for the classroom.
>You should join with me with the group. Toodles, Bunki
>To unsubscribe go to

To unsubscribe go to