Re: [teacherartexchange] community education art appreciation

---------

From: Ken Schwab (bicyclken_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 25 2009 - 16:28:00 PDT

I teach adults and I think that you should make things simple and in smaller doses. They don't want a lecture for hours and they are not required to be there like kids in a school. Break up the lecture with hands on activities to emphasis the art history or periods of art. The works can be small and if they take a short time they can go home with something.

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA