RE: Re:[teacherartexchange] Art 1 year

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 25 2009 - 07:16:38 PDT

Hi Ken,
I am very excited to see your course! Let us know when it is ready.
Cheri Lloyd
Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor
Ceres, CA
From: Ken Schwab
Subject: Re:[teacherartexchange] Art 1 year

Hi, my name is Ken Schwab, and I have been on this list since it started and the Getty list before that. A lot of you don't know me because I retired last year after a stroke in 2005. I had taught H.S. for 37 years and I wrote a book with a friend, Bob Capitolo, in 2003 called "Drawing course 101". I have been a member of the Advanced Placement group as well and I have been doing Advanced placement since 1986.

I am posting to tell all of you of my latest project. My friend Bob Capitolo, also a teacher for 37 years, and I have written a comprehensive Art 1 year plan. We are including detailed lesson plans, over all year plan, extensive power point presentations of each project, hints to teachers, Charts, Color charts, and everything you would need to teach this first year with examples of student work.

We have been working on this for at least 9 months and it is almost finished. I am posting this because I see that a lot of you like to have lessons and we share a lot. I have posted many lessons on the Incredible Art Dept.

This Art 1 year is more complete than anything you have seen. If you are looking for a complete year of art that is sequential and will prepare students for advanced levels then I think you would like it. My son, who is a web designer will create a website for us, have some examples, downloads, etc. I am telling you this because I hope you will be or know someone who might be interested. This will be for sale but we are not sure how much as we have to figure our costs first.

Some of you have seen my presentations at the National Conventions, and workshops, etc. When it is ready I hope that you will check it out.

This is real big and will be in semesters.

thanks,

Ken Schwab
San Jose, CA