[teacherartexchange] Art history focus

---------

From: Cheryl Lloyd (clloyd_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 24 2009 - 12:51:00 PDT

As I take a breath and contemplate my teaching over this glorious summer break, I am thinking of teaching units each month on art history. I was thinking of teaching a period/movement each month (basic for K-5 graders). Does anyone teach in this style? Do you have your classes doing all similar projects at the same time? I am thinking that it might streamline my teaching and I would be able to create the atmosphere in my room each month with bulletin boards, etc.

Looking forward to your thoughts.
Thanks,

Cheri Lloyd
Art Teacher/ Beginning Teacher Mentor