[teacherartexchange] Long-time ArtsEdNet posters, today

---------

From: Melissa Enderle (melissaenderle_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 24 2009 - 09:40:26 PDT

Dear Maggie,

Nice to hear from you! Having been one of those long-time ArtsEdNet
members, I also note the marked decrease in daily postings,
particularly during the summer. Back when I started posting, it was
one of the few avenues for me to exchange ideas, get tips & advice.
I'm sure art teachers today are also in need of such support, but the
internet has evolved to be a more useful & convenient tool than email
could be. Nings, blogs, social networking sites, and a wealth of
useful websites are all out there for arts folks. Many of the original
members have since retired as well, with fewer chiming in. I'm sure
there are many more out there like you and me, presently teaching
subjects other than art. Like you though, I also like to keep in touch
with what's going on and so therefore continue to subscribe.
Like you, I've seen a wide diversity in the state of art rooms and
programs at International schools. The one I'm currently at is more
sophisticated and gets the funding to support it. It's great to see
impressive pieces and thoughtful projects come out of the classroom.

Enjoy the rest of your time in Quito before returning to the US. I
have just over a month before I return to India!

Regards,
Melissa