Re: RE:[teacherartexchange] end of the year reflection

---------

From: Diane Beilby (dibeilby_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 24 2009 - 06:25:51 PDT

I have also been focusing on themes over media

 I suggest a great reference book on stating with Big Ideas

"Teaching Meaning in Artmaking" Sydney R. Walker, 2001

Big Ideas from this book
Identity - key concepts derived from big ideas (reinvention, stereotypes,
change, physical, search ,status, insecurity)
Power (excess, scarcity, privilege, fear, inclusion and exclusion)
Nature and Culture
human emotion
This book is full of them and contemporary artists who work with them
                    Identity - Chuck Close, Deborah Butterfield
                    Power - Barbara Kruger, Leon Golub

Diane