[teacherartexchange] Yahoo Art Groups are "Hopping"

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 23 2009 - 08:58:41 PDT

Dear Getty List Members,

No, the Getty list is not "down" - No need to post "test". If you do
ever wonder, please post something a bit more meaningful than "test".
The volume of posting is just at an all time low right now. I have my
own theory on why that is.....

Wanted to let you know that TAB Choice (Teaching for Artistic
Behavior) is hopping and so it Art Education on Yahoo Groups. TAB is
strictly for issues dealing with Choice Based Art Education. If that
method doesn't interest you, join Art Education (all art ed topics
discussed). You might try signing on to both and get digest at first
to see what group appeals to you - Maybe both?

Art Education:

to subscribe:
art_education-subscribe(at)yahoogroups.com

TAB Choice:

to subscribe:
TAB-ChoiceArtEd-subscribe(at)yahoogroups.com

Here is brief information about TAB:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/TAB-CHOICE.htm
(check some of the links provided on this page)

Knowledge Loom:
http://knowledgeloom.org/tab/index.jsp

TAB Choice Web Site:
http://teachingforartisticbehavior.org/

Also the long awaited book can be ordered!
Engaging Learners Through Artmaking: Choice-Based Art Education in the
Classroom (Paperback)
by Katherine M. Douglas
Katherine M. Douglas (Author)
Diane B. Jaquith (Author)
http://www.amazon.com/Engaging-Learners-Through-Artmaking-Choice-Based/dp/0807749761/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1240779098&sr=1-1

Now only $19.75 - Order it along with some of the other suggested
books (all good stuff) and get FREE shipping on your order. I have not
seen the final version, but did get a preview copy to review for the
publisher. I found it to be EXCELLENT.

Note: Please do not post my email address if you reply to this. Wanted
to also let you know I wrote to Getty Staff about the auto reply
problem. Yep, I got an auto reply back (smile). One of them is out of
the office - again - now until June 29.

Enjoy your summer,

Judy Decker

(Note: Ken and Kathy, if more folks sign up , you will know why)