re:[teacherartexchange] pottery

---------

kans_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jun 03 2009 - 08:13:54 PDT

Hi Samantha

I think that hand building is a great way to engage the kids and get them use to working with the clay. It's mostly what i teach to my clay classes as I only have 2 wheels and my clay class has to be taught in the same class with my "drawing/ painting etc everything" classroom. Although I teach at the high school level the whistles project (found in the Incredible Art Dept.) was the one project that they got REALLY excited about. Especially when they finally got it to work. They then got really creative with the animal they built around it (ninja monkeys, manatis,snails, pirate elephants, star fish etc)

Kim
North Peace Secondary
Fort St. John

---- Msg sent via SD60 Webmail - http://www.prn.bc.ca/