Re: [teacherartexchange] Yahoo!! And I don't mean the ISP!

---------

From: Susan Bennett (seasideblueviolet_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 29 2008 - 09:23:34 PDT

We usually do a grid lesson of some sort with our art 1 classes. Several of the teachers have done the community grid project and done them large enough to be great murals. This could be done with original art or one done after a famous artist.

I am teaching high school now, but for most of my years I have done elementary. With my 5Th grade art club I did many murals. I found working on Luann board inexpensive and a way to keep all of the composition errors from being worked out on a wall to being worked out on another surface. Plus it is much easier to contain mess and control behavior.

I love the lessons on the Incredible Art Department website. Ken Schwab's are awesome. He has a nice book out too on drawing.

Susan in Ohio