[teacherartexchange] Altered Book Tip In Exchange - mail date by August 16 2008

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 28 2008 - 09:20:24 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

We have a hostess for a summer Altered Book Tip In Exchange! Laurie
Dyer wants to take over.
I told her I would do the initial e-mailings to get the group members lined up.

Members who sign up will be given Laurie's mailing address and email address.

In the past, most of our exchanges have been inside spread - facing
pages of 8 1/2 x 11 folded -- or two 5 1/2 x 8 1/2.
We can settle on a theme as a group. I will join in - just didn't want
to host this summer.

Some folks "Tip" their pages into a book that has the bulk of pages
removed - others make a special book with their pages from the
exchange.

The only hard and fast rule is that all work has to be original (not
color photocopies). Digital work is OK (I always use the computer for
mine).

What is a "Tip In"?

Here is a lesson plan from Stephanie Corder.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Stephanie-ABooks.htm

Here are some tip ins I found on line:
http://theartfulmama.blogspot.com/2007/04/altered-book-tip-in-swap.html

Here is a Nov 2005 post of mine:
http://www.getty.edu/education/teacherartexchange/archive/Nov05/0101.html

Two possible themes:

Architecture (interpret any way you wish).
Family (interpret any way you wish).

Regards,

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department