RE: [teacherartexchange] old interview question

---------

From: San D Hasselman (shasselman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 21 2008 - 16:38:52 PDT

I think I would take my little ones to the zoo and teach them drawing from observation. I did that with a young artist (she was aged 5 at the time and homeschooled), and was astonished at her drawings. She is now a college graduate in music and women's studies, and she still draws beautifully.

As for middle school, I would teach them printmaking (silkscreening particularly) and have them design and make posters,t-shirts and banners for their school (clubs,activities, sports, etc). That would set them on the road for doing something for others, give them self esteem when they saw their products worn/displayed, teach them the idea of working together for a greater goal.

San D