Re: [teacherartexchange] safe silkscreening

---------

From: Sidnie Miller (smiller_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 20 2008 - 21:53:38 PDT

You can do some pretty sophisticated silkscreens just using a paper screen cut
with an x-acto knife. They could put the photo/drawing under the giant piece of
white butcher paper, trace the parts they need to cut out, then put under a screen
and print.

>>> <bmarder@somerville.mec.edu> 06/19/08 9:09 AM >>>
Hi All,

Can I pick your brain? I would LOVE to do photosilkscreening next year
and have some 12x polyester and some old frames etc.

My question is how can I do a photo process using AP non-toxic
materials? My new supervisor threw away anything that was not
labelled AP. Even stuff that said non-toxic and CP on it were
discarded. She has taken this out of proportion since someone donated
lead bearing glazes to the high school and the ceramics teacher is
fresh out of college and unenlightended this way. I am in an urban
K-8 school and would like to silkcreen with grades 7 and 8 and know
they will LOVE it.

Any suggestions? methods? Byulding a light box or way to expose the
film? Any AP non-toxic emulsions anyone knows about? Thanks!!!!!
Barbara from Boston

-*Scanned by ECSD GWAVA*-