[teacherartexchange] 6-8 Art Curriculum

---------

From: suzanne rowe (mtsuz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2008 - 12:32:49 PDT

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the exchange. I am from Montana.

I was recently hired to teach Art K-8 and SpEd K-4. But as happens, administration has already changed my job description to more SpEd and less art, even before the school year started. =) I will however be responsible for writing lesson plans for a 6-8 art program for someone else to implement.

My question is does anyone have any suggestions on a pre wrote art curriculum for that age group that would be practical to implement?

The instructor that I am writing the plans for does not have an art background and has only taught Kindergarten as far as I know, so does not have a lot of experience in teaching art. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Suzanne